To Busy to Blog
Seems the week has been so hectic I forgot about the blog. Lena was gone to Zhitomyr on Monday. I was stewing at the UEC, writing some Bible study materials, putting out a few UEC fires. Sergiy has been trying to get the two new computers to work. We had another of our spiritual training groups Monday night. Several more are going to form in the next couple of weeks. People seem to like them so far. I had another English class tonight and we are going to start another group. One will meet from 4-6 and then another from 7-9 on Tuesdays. I'm hoping some of these will participate in an LST-type program this summer. I also plan to have us read from the English Bible in the class.
Finally, almost all of our students that worked in the US this summer have returned. It's been wonderful seeing them again, hearing a few of their stories. One of the students, Ira, we immediately hired today as a part-time UEC worker. That will help immensely.
The Ukrainian Parliament today did not approve Yushchenko's new prime minister. I don't know what will happen next. Yushchenko, after his visit to the US, has been meeting with several political opponents to--we suppose--build a coalition or something. As always, we'll keep you posted.
Finally, almost all of our students that worked in the US this summer have returned. It's been wonderful seeing them again, hearing a few of their stories. One of the students, Ira, we immediately hired today as a part-time UEC worker. That will help immensely.
The Ukrainian Parliament today did not approve Yushchenko's new prime minister. I don't know what will happen next. Yushchenko, after his visit to the US, has been meeting with several political opponents to--we suppose--build a coalition or something. As always, we'll keep you posted.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home