Why are cliches too often true?
"When it rains, it pours." Why is this tired saying so often so true? After a rough weekend I thought things would calm down but they haven't. Why does it always seem to work out that way?
I started my English outreach tonight and had a mob, almost 30 people. I guess word spread quickly. I'm not sure how I am going to handle this. Just don't have time to have several groups.
As for the government, it now appears that Poroshenko (the "chocolate king" who recently resigned/fired from a very high government position) still seems to be on the "in" with the president--they are in the same political party--but the former prime minister is on the "out" and many believe she is planning to create a coalition in parliament so she can win back the prime minister position in March 2006 after parliamentary elections. After January 2006, constitutional changes go into effect and the parliament will appoint the prime minister. Some are predicting a way between ex-prime minister Tymoshenko and the president. The fun just seems to never stop in Ukraine!
Today a group announced that they estimate a seat in parliament costs about $5 million USD. That's how much they think it takes to get on one of the party's lists to secure a seat in parliament. There is not the kind of representative democracy in the US. I wonder how much a seat in Congress costs these days? Or head of FEMA?
And finally, Donald Trump is thinking about investing $500 million USD in Ukraine's hotel market.
I started my English outreach tonight and had a mob, almost 30 people. I guess word spread quickly. I'm not sure how I am going to handle this. Just don't have time to have several groups.
As for the government, it now appears that Poroshenko (the "chocolate king" who recently resigned/fired from a very high government position) still seems to be on the "in" with the president--they are in the same political party--but the former prime minister is on the "out" and many believe she is planning to create a coalition in parliament so she can win back the prime minister position in March 2006 after parliamentary elections. After January 2006, constitutional changes go into effect and the parliament will appoint the prime minister. Some are predicting a way between ex-prime minister Tymoshenko and the president. The fun just seems to never stop in Ukraine!
Today a group announced that they estimate a seat in parliament costs about $5 million USD. That's how much they think it takes to get on one of the party's lists to secure a seat in parliament. There is not the kind of representative democracy in the US. I wonder how much a seat in Congress costs these days? Or head of FEMA?
And finally, Donald Trump is thinking about investing $500 million USD in Ukraine's hotel market.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home