prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Moving the Books

Every year when Paul Prill comes to Kyiv we try to think of some way to make him suffer ;)
This year, we decided to drag him to Cherkassy Conference/Retreat and today, we moved books for several hours. We added one more shelving unit to the UEC library and thus everything had to change place. Some sections needed more space, others needed less. We also wanted to guarantee growth space for our theological collection. Since the library is now over 9,000 items, we are having to be a bit more selective with what we catalog and in how we use the space since it seems the addition of this one shelving unit will be the last addition for a while. The Broadways also joined us as well as Olya who came to volunteer for a while. That was what we did most of the day. We also ordered Vesuvios Pizza to celebrate making it through the summer and to treat our volunteers. We were also hoping to print the newsletter today and stuff envelopes. But the printer can't get it ready till Thursday morning. We then enjoyed a meal downtown at a place I call Bulla-Boola because I can never remember the actual name which is something like that. Tonight, I have been scanning and printing transparencies for my teachings at Cherkassy conference. I really like archaeology. It is so terribly dull, rarely ever conclusive about anything, heated debates, and no one will ever really know what happened. How could you not like a discipline like that?

It seems I am in survival mode until the end of next week. Sort of machine-like. I hope God will melt my heart a bit so that it's not just all coming from the head but also the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home