prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Last Few Days

The last few days it seems we have spent on the road. Monday to UT Hospital for tests. Tuesday to Knoxville for a doctor visit. We all visited about 8,000 furniture stores now that Lena is feeling a bit better. Mostly we were just going between Knoxville and Athens. Wednesday we headed to Nashville and packed up most of the stuff left in my parents' house and took it to Nashville. We also met with Vitaly and Lera and said our farewells to them as they return to Kyiv tomorrow. They are taking over the UEC now. That was our last Kyiv good bye. And Lena finished her last MBA class. YES@! We also think we bought a mobile phone; it's being mailed to us. We also think we have arranged our way to Abilene thanks to Steve Sherman at Otter Creek and other OCers.

Now, we are in the Smoky Mountains taking a break from this wild ride we have been on for the last 5 weeks. As we recently realized, if we don't take some kind of little vacation now, we won't get one in Abilene for a while. So we did a carpe diem and seized the moment. Tomorrow we go out in hunt of the wild and elusive black bear. And maybe later in the weekend an elk pursuit. I think we are also going to look for a lamp.

Monday back to Athens. Tuesday to Nashville. And if all goes well, Tuesday or Wednesday to Abilene.

I had a major panic attack when I realized late last night that the weekend class I was taking in Dallas met for the first time in ten days. I for some reason got it in my ever-thickening head that it was at the end of September. Since I had none of the books and could not possibly get everything done before that, I have to drop the class. Maybe it's best.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth & Victoria said...

Be careful on your hunt. Lamps you find in the forest may look cuddly and friendly like the ones in your apartment, but the ones in the wild can be unpredictable.

I'm sorry to hear about your class. It's like everyone's nightmare brought to life, although at least you realized you were unprepared BEFORE the class started.

Kenneth.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home