Recovery Continues
Lena is still recovering. It's slow going but making progress everyday. We are supposed to go for a test on Monday to the Knoxville hospital and to see the surgeon on Tuesday. The bills have started to arrive, too. But I am not going to complain at all. We had excellent treatment. Everyone was very kind and professional.
Pray for us since I both think we are getting a bit "antsy." It's been 5 weeks of living out of our suitcases. I am growing a bit tired of it. And knowing that there are still a couple of weeks to go before things get settled. And with school starting just a few days after we arrive in Abilene.
Saturday I had a day to read. I read a book by Leonard Allen Things Unseen, am about to finish the second book I have read on perfectionism, and am well into a series of essays called The Art of Reading Scripture. Lena is about to finish Harry Potter #7. My brother gave it to her. Introduction to the Hebrew Bible, a required book for one of my classes, has been driving me a bit crazy with its somewhat patronizing tone toward old-school believers. And stating arguments as facts without acknowledging that it's more argument than fact.
I have also had a hankering to read some Foucault. Been a while since I beat myself up intellectually.
Pray for us since I both think we are getting a bit "antsy." It's been 5 weeks of living out of our suitcases. I am growing a bit tired of it. And knowing that there are still a couple of weeks to go before things get settled. And with school starting just a few days after we arrive in Abilene.
Saturday I had a day to read. I read a book by Leonard Allen Things Unseen, am about to finish the second book I have read on perfectionism, and am well into a series of essays called The Art of Reading Scripture. Lena is about to finish Harry Potter #7. My brother gave it to her. Introduction to the Hebrew Bible, a required book for one of my classes, has been driving me a bit crazy with its somewhat patronizing tone toward old-school believers. And stating arguments as facts without acknowledging that it's more argument than fact.
I have also had a hankering to read some Foucault. Been a while since I beat myself up intellectually.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home