prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Monday, October 01, 2007

And on the seventh day

Seven days we have been in Nashville. Abilene seems something of a dream now. In those seven days, we have unpacked, but remain packed with all our stuff neatly piles in the basement. We have applied for jobs. Lena turned one down and is on the top of a list for another. I have a strong lead on one, but it may be a while before they hire. Lena got another lead today on a Tennessee state job from someone at church. The blessings of church. The Prills have been very kind to us. Besides letting us take over their guest bedroom, they have fed us, took us to the incredibly astounding new symphony building and to a performance, to a play Saturday night. We have also been using Paul's car since our car is still in Abilene. We also have talked real estate with Lisa Owings. Lena has also been getting a lot more driving practice.

There are some wonderful pictures here of voters in Ukraine's parliamentary elections held on Sunday. Just click on the numbers in the grey boxes. It looks like Yulia pulled through again! Not that Yulia Tymoshenko is really so great; it's just that the alternative possible winners are frightening. Now--if they will certify the results and form a government and get to work!!

I am going to Abilene on Monday to get our car. We were at the Wagners tonight for dinner. They visited Kyiv many moons ago, and it was a delight to see how little Isaiah is growing.

We are well. A bit tired of being in transition, but well. I am a bit glad that autumn has delayed its arrival. It gave us some time to adapt to the Tennessee climate from Texas.

I feel a bit lost these days. Not sure what to read or do with myself at moments. I guess I have to get to used to that for a while.

We look forward to updating you on the job hunt and other exciting news.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth & Victoria said...

I keep wanting to call, but I guess you don't know that. Just wanted to let you know I am keeping track with your life. You should be getting that phone call soon. -Victoria

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home