prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Monday, October 29, 2007

There and Back Again

I almost forgot how to log in to this thing. But I am back, if but briefly. I can't promise to be much of a regular blogger anymore.

Since I last paid you a visit, a few things have become clearer in our lives. After being driven mad by obnoxious car sales people, we bought a used car in my hometown and finally got it to Nashville. The car we had before is still in Athens and hope this week to manage to get it to Nashville so we will have two cars. And that phase of transition will be near complete.

The most consuming part of life, still, is the job hunt. Lena is still working her temporary job and furiously applying for multiple positions. Hopefully something good will emerge. It's very frustrating waiting. Some leads turned out to be dead ends, unfortunately. Not enough experience in this specific area. Etc., etc. I have been hired as a part-time interim director of a non-profit organization that desires to meet needs of immigrants and refugees. Most of my work will be in helping the organization develop (it's only a few years old and small) and in coordinating their efforts to help recently-arrived Burundi refugees. It doesn't start till Nov. 12, though. I am pursuing other possibilities. Wish they were in equal pursuit of me........

So that's about it. Lena bought some winter shoes yesterday and I bought a cheap sweater. Paul Prill's mother took us to see My Fair Lady Friday night. We were then taken to dinner at The Acorn Saturday night. Nice. This Friday the Prills have given us their symphony tickets. I went to a Lipscomb play last night with Paul. Seems we have plenty of culture events (for free ;) )

News from Kyiv is somewhat good. Tanya Zhyova is home from the hospital and the doctors believe they got all the cancer. We pray for her recovery. The UEC had a big week last week with a visit from David Ralston, the board president. Vitaly and Lera were left tired from that. They are pregnant, by the way. I guess it's OK to say that now.

And if anyone knows anyone in Nashville going to Chattanooga or Knoxville, let me know. I need to get there to get our car so we can both go to work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris L, I would ask how you are but I think that I can see from your blog. If I can be of any assistance please let me know, I am in Murfreesboro. My email is ebethclay@comcast.net
Beth (Hill) Clay

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the Lovingoods? Inquiring minds want to know.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we can't have blog posts anymore, the least you can give us is some Facebook status updates. ;-)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just saying...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home