prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Friday, October 28, 2005

Hot Water is Back

I am delighted to report that the hot water is back and the heat has returned!! We both had hot showers today in our little apartment. It's currently about 0 C or 32 F, so we are glad the heat is back. Haven's seen the sun for several days.

Lena is hard at work on her ethics class. Her American teacher is currently in China, and she is the only international student. Most are somehow connected to Harding.

I have taken to doing some more reading for my leadership class. It's so close to home right now it's hard to read at times. The book I am reading now is by a Jewish agnostic on the leadership style and nature of Moses. It's called The Nursing Father. I would not rush out to the bookstore to pick this one up. Every few pages there is something that causes you to go--"that's interesting"--but otherwise it's unfortunate so many trees had to die to make this book.

Vitaly Samodin had some minor surgery yesterday. Say a little prayer for him if you can. He is at home recovering. Pray for us on Sunday as well. We have a very important meeting about the future of the church on Sunday. It's a big step for the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home