Settling In
The Broadways arrived on Sunday but their luggage didn't. It came today. Lena and I are settling in at the UEC. It's sort of odd to wake up, go downstairs, and be at work. We were also rejoicing that we have a kitchen table to eat around. I've been longing for one and now we have it--at least temporarily.
It was a busy day today. The Center had more patrons than usual and I had two unexpected meetings. I also edited the text for the next UEC newsletter and Lera is designing her first newsletter. Hopefully, we will print it before Paul Prill arrives. We also enjoyed lunch with the Broadways. They are also getting settled in in our apartment.
The government is still a mess. It just makes me sick. I expect more surprises this week. After the treachery of the Socialist party leader Moroz, in one oblast of Ukraine some high level officials held a party card-burning. Other upper strata party members have resigned as well. Yulia Tymoshenko announced that her party will become a "radical opposition" and do everything possible to disrupt the new government from being run by criminals and thugs. Sometimes I wonder if she drives a tank on the weekends just to relax.
It's going to be a very long summer.
It was a busy day today. The Center had more patrons than usual and I had two unexpected meetings. I also edited the text for the next UEC newsletter and Lera is designing her first newsletter. Hopefully, we will print it before Paul Prill arrives. We also enjoyed lunch with the Broadways. They are also getting settled in in our apartment.
The government is still a mess. It just makes me sick. I expect more surprises this week. After the treachery of the Socialist party leader Moroz, in one oblast of Ukraine some high level officials held a party card-burning. Other upper strata party members have resigned as well. Yulia Tymoshenko announced that her party will become a "radical opposition" and do everything possible to disrupt the new government from being run by criminals and thugs. Sometimes I wonder if she drives a tank on the weekends just to relax.
It's going to be a very long summer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home