August 18th, at 4:30 AM, I said good-bye to the Broadways and we returned to our apartment. I didn't sleep much that day, but we slowly moved back in. During the night, the broken arm on my glasses finally fell completely off and after attempting to repair it with a bandage, Lena and I sought another glass repair place. All seemed hopeless till Lena found a place in some ads where we were told my old lenses could be fit into new frames. Well, upon arrival, of course that wasn't really possible but they did replace the arms so now I have my glasses finally back to their old selves, the first time in several months. Hopefully, lenses won't be popping out in church or we won't be wasting money on new glasses that give me a headache.
That evening I went to Vitya's good-bye party. It was way out in Kharkivsky. Sometimes I forget how big Kyiv is. I wasn't feeling so well and didn't eat much. Saturday morning I was glad I didn't eat much since a case of food poisoning has settled in for a long visit. Stomach contents went down the pipes, and I have been at home for two days trying not to think about food. Lena hasn't felt very well either.
All that stuff I planned to do over the weekend didn't happen. Vitaly and Lera oversaw all the renovation work at the Center and it looks like I won't be joining them for the re-opening either. We'll see. Thanks to Nivki Church member for all the prayers, emails, and calls.
That evening I went to Vitya's good-bye party. It was way out in Kharkivsky. Sometimes I forget how big Kyiv is. I wasn't feeling so well and didn't eat much. Saturday morning I was glad I didn't eat much since a case of food poisoning has settled in for a long visit. Stomach contents went down the pipes, and I have been at home for two days trying not to think about food. Lena hasn't felt very well either.
All that stuff I planned to do over the weekend didn't happen. Vitaly and Lera oversaw all the renovation work at the Center and it looks like I won't be joining them for the re-opening either. We'll see. Thanks to Nivki Church member for all the prayers, emails, and calls.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home