prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Monday, August 28, 2006

Relative Calm

It's been relatively calm around here, and that's a good sign! On Independence Day, I had a good meeting with 3 ministry leaders. It lasted much longer than expected but I think it was quite productive. Since Thursday was Independence Day and many worked last Saturday so they could have this Friday off, it seems almost the whole church left Kyiv. We only had about 8 at our regular meeting on Friday night. We did have a productive day working with the UEC staff on Friday, finally getting back into the swing of things after the food poisoning. Still not 100% but I rarely feel 100% so I guess I am normal. Saturday we mostly goofed off, and I went to the market, a big fruit and vegetable market--sort of organized chaos. There isn't one too close to where we live so it takes a little effort to go there but always well worth it. The summer fruits and vegetables are just fabulous. Vitaly preached a good and sobering sermon about the Lord disciplining us. We had good reports about the way our fall ministries are lining up--street evangelism on Sunday morning, prayer ministry on Saturdays, small group ministry through the week, student outreach throughout the week, and ministry to orphans. Pray that the orphan ministry team will find a good opportunity. Of course, there's the teaching and preaching and general spiritual leadership, both official and unofficial. It's great to see the church growing up.

We are also enjoying a visit from Joshua and Maurie Hanauer who were interns with the UEC a few years ago. They were at Nivki on Sunday with several other visitors.

We also received an email about a Ukrainian university student who was visiting the US this summer and was baptized in Franklin, TN. We are hoping to connect with her and that she will become an active disciple with us. School starts September 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home