Saturday found us sort of hosting a birthday party for Oleg. Actually, he hosted it--it just happened to be at the UEC. We enjoyed a great time together, lasagna that Oleg and Oksana prepared and a delicious cream-filled chocolater-delight of a cake. WOW! I was put in charge of searching for lettuce, a rarity in Kyiv. And after two grocery stores and a small market, I found it. But when I got to the cash register, I was told that it needed to be weighed since this store sells lettuce by the kilogram. Who knew?
The card game Skip-Bo was also introduced into our little world here since Phase Ten had been taken away. Everyone was pretty animated and glad to enjoy simply thinking about nothing very important.
Friday--I'm not sure where Friday went. We had a big crowd for the cell meeting and mostly shared, prayed, and sang songs we learned in Cherkassy. It seems I have been running around like a chicken with its head mostly cut off. I can't seem to remember what it is that I have been doing but I seem to running from one place to the next.
Please pray for a church member, Sergiy, as he has a most difficult conversation with his parents about his faith. Praise God, though, that God Himself is raising up a new generation--that the LORD is causing righteousness and praise to spring up before all nations (Is. 61).
Sunday I am preaching on the Edomites and Isaiah 34.
We have one more week before the Center re-opens. There's a lot to do before then.
The card game Skip-Bo was also introduced into our little world here since Phase Ten had been taken away. Everyone was pretty animated and glad to enjoy simply thinking about nothing very important.
Friday--I'm not sure where Friday went. We had a big crowd for the cell meeting and mostly shared, prayed, and sang songs we learned in Cherkassy. It seems I have been running around like a chicken with its head mostly cut off. I can't seem to remember what it is that I have been doing but I seem to running from one place to the next.
Please pray for a church member, Sergiy, as he has a most difficult conversation with his parents about his faith. Praise God, though, that God Himself is raising up a new generation--that the LORD is causing righteousness and praise to spring up before all nations (Is. 61).
Sunday I am preaching on the Edomites and Isaiah 34.
We have one more week before the Center re-opens. There's a lot to do before then.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home