prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Friday, March 02, 2007

To update my blog on the Jerusalem tombs making headlines, here is a link to a writer who has recently read the original journal article by the archeologist who found the tombs. There is a discussion of the inscriptions, etc.

I spent most of the day with David Ralston, the UEC's board president. I have translated letters, haggled with a cab driver, given directions and offended a cab driver in that he once told me "this isn't the first time I've taken someone somewhere in Kyiv," and then I shocked the driver when he learned I had lived in Kyiv for almost 11 years. He asked simply, "Why don't you live in America?" I guess he assumed I was running from the law or something. Our meetings went very long with David and the UEC staff and then I had to work at the desk because one of workers has come down with the chicken pox. Ouch.

And Lena just realized today that a textbook someone brought her from the US is the wrong one. The people we bought it from sent the wrong book. Ouch again.

And Polina is still wreaking havoc in Zhytomyr. Lena was going there but she doesn't feel so well. I don't have much of an update on Natalya except to say that chemotherapy is doing to her what it always does to people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home