Wedding preparations continue. At many traditional Ukrainian weddings, there are a lot of silly games or contests (some of which are quite vulgar). Since we won't have any of that and there isn't much budget for hiring entertainment, it is up to the church to provide entertainment for the 8 hour event. Besides everyone laughing at my Russian pronounciation during the wedding ceremony, a lot more fun has been planned. Most of it is a secret so I can't share anything here.
I continue my shopping. Today I was looking for a certain kind of paper and some ribbon and cloth for table decorations. Since many people work during the day, those of us who have flexible schedules get to help a little more. I am buying balloons tomorrow and going to the market with Anton. I hope to buy a lot of the vegetables and some milk products, the elusive tvorog, for example.
Vitaly and Lera were sort of officially married on Saturday. They went to the great Triangle Building near our apartment and were registered and got their passports stamped. Since there was a very long line to go to the big hall, they just agreed to do it at the office in the basement. They consider it just a formality but most Ukrainians consider that to be the wedding. It's sort of like going to the old justice of peace in America.
I had two more students at my English class today. But the evening class was cancelled again. Too bad on that.
My video experiment below worked so every so often I'll try to post a little segment of life in video here.
Quite warm in Kyiv. Day 13 of no hot water.
I continue my shopping. Today I was looking for a certain kind of paper and some ribbon and cloth for table decorations. Since many people work during the day, those of us who have flexible schedules get to help a little more. I am buying balloons tomorrow and going to the market with Anton. I hope to buy a lot of the vegetables and some milk products, the elusive tvorog, for example.
Vitaly and Lera were sort of officially married on Saturday. They went to the great Triangle Building near our apartment and were registered and got their passports stamped. Since there was a very long line to go to the big hall, they just agreed to do it at the office in the basement. They consider it just a formality but most Ukrainians consider that to be the wedding. It's sort of like going to the old justice of peace in America.
I had two more students at my English class today. But the evening class was cancelled again. Too bad on that.
My video experiment below worked so every so often I'll try to post a little segment of life in video here.
Quite warm in Kyiv. Day 13 of no hot water.
1 Comments:
We hope to see some pictures from the wedding. Maybe videos too! Hope that all the preperations go smoothly.
Post a Comment
<< Home