Ministry: Dinner Plans
Today I woke up with a cold. It's the same symptoms Vitaly had for a week and Lena has been struggling with for a few days. I had to cancel one meeting but we were expecting dinner guests tonight so we kept that appointment. Fortunately, Lena was able to prepare the meal by herself; it was all delicious. I am proud of her evolving cooking skills!
I've known Dima for a long time and Zhenya too. We had wonderful conversation, mostly about faith and ministry and what it means to be a Christian in the warp and woof of life, as Francis Schaeffer called it. They stayed till quite late and we plan to do it again soon. These evenings are so rewarding, refreshing, and reminders of why I became a missionary.
Dima's sister, Lena, and Oksana, Oleg's special friend, returned safely from France today. We are so glad they are back! Pray for them as they re-adjust to life at home, as they look for jobs, and make plans for their futures.
I've known Dima for a long time and Zhenya too. We had wonderful conversation, mostly about faith and ministry and what it means to be a Christian in the warp and woof of life, as Francis Schaeffer called it. They stayed till quite late and we plan to do it again soon. These evenings are so rewarding, refreshing, and reminders of why I became a missionary.
Dima's sister, Lena, and Oksana, Oleg's special friend, returned safely from France today. We are so glad they are back! Pray for them as they re-adjust to life at home, as they look for jobs, and make plans for their futures.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home