prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Later Vote

Late tonight the Ukrainian president announced he has postponed parliamentary elections by about one month to June 24. Apparently, there just isn't time to get ready. The Constitutional Court has not ruled yet. The game continues.

A few people have donated $110 toward Natalya's medical treatment. Thank you.

The embassy emailed today. They have approved our petition and we now can make an appointment to actually get the visa. Now, you have to call a Call Center by paying $12 for 8 minutes of time talking with an operator. Lena called and after 4 minutes of talking, she was told that our information is not yet in the computer. Call back tomorrow.

The post office called today to tell me--I think--that I have a package there. Though my name wasn't on the tag, she just kept yelling "Come here. Come here. Come here."

We also received an email from the embassy today telling us that the price of postage is going up.

A UEC board member was in town yesterday and he kept us entertained for a few hours. We are starting to plan the US visit of Vitaly and Lera. They will be there in late July and early August. We hope to have events in Nashville and Memphis for UEC supporters to meet the couple who will be leading the Center once we leave Kyiv. Watch for details.

I have also begun listening to German Christian music on the internet. Since I am going to start learning theological German soon, I thought I would re-ignite some of those German brain cells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home