prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Things are slowing down here a bit, getting into a bit of a pattern. I managed to go to the bank, the post office, the Department of Motor Vehicles (which is closed on Mondays for who knows why--the govt. is too cheap to keep it open, I guess) and a grocery store. I bought some Diet Bubba Cola. I am branching out. It was only $0.69 for two liters. I also bought some semichky for Lena. I have never been much of a fan, but Lena seemed to enjoy American sunflower seeds. She worked on her class. The teacher apparently has no sense of how long assignments take to complete. Some weeks are substantially more than others. I think I have mostly packed everything in boxes and now it's at my brother's house. We have to gather the stuff at the Prills and then we will be ready for the road trip.

Dad mowed the yard today and Lena was interested in his using a motor-driven tiller. Corn came from the garden and our evening meal was fried glory--fried okra, fried squash, some meatloaf, green beans, boiled corn, watermelon and cantaloupe--the classic southern summer meal. Dad is plotting to make hamburgers tomorrow.

I enjoyed talking with long-time friend Kenneth Kirby. We are plotting a trip to DC to see them. Hopefully, it will also be a bit of a vacation for us.

I put an item for sale on ebay today. That was an adventure. I have also started reading a book on perfectionism and Lena and I are both reading Fannie Flagg's Can't Wait to Get to Heaven. This popular southern fiction, besides being delightfully charming, helps Lena relate to the South. Guess we will have to switch to some Louis L'Amour or better Willa Cather as we move west.

We are heading to Nashville later in the week to visit the Prills and Acklen Avenue. One of the greatest blessings from the Kyivmission was getting to know the Prills. It has been a great surprise and blessing for both Lena and me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Wagner said...

Some of the offices are closed on Monday here because they are open on Saturday. That way they still get a 2 day weekend.

But saving money is just as likely :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Kyivmission said...

I went there today. They don't work on Saturdays. Just close on Mondays.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home