prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Sunday, March 27, 2005

An Almost Blogless Week

Didn't blog much this week. Had my head stuck in an anthropology class I am taking and several events I don't normally have. The couch did arrive. Thanks only to Lena's determination to make a place for it was the apartment ready in time for the delivery. Of course, we didn't really have much warning that it was coming. But we like. We will keep you posted on other apartment improvements.

We went to Zhitomir today to see Lena's family and very sick grandmother. Pray for all of them as these next weeks will be difficult. And Ira, Lena's sister, is almost seven months pregnant.

Today we noticed that some grocery store items are no longer being taxed. The Orange Revolution strikes again. Friday parliament passed the budget and Tymoshenko delivered on her promise to find money for pensions and state salaries. Yushchenko is heading to America in about a week. He will speak before a joint session of Congress. I guess you can look for that on C-Span. They are still wrangling about the May 9 parade. So far, they haven't backed down.

Three new UEC articles have been posted at www.uecenter.org.

Happy Easter to those in the west. We celebrate Easter this year on May 1.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe St said...

Wow. Western Easter couldn't be earlier, and it seems Eastern Easter couldn't be later. More than a month apart!

How about a picture of the couch? We all deserve to see it after being so involved in the process.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Kyivmission said...

We are working on a couch picture. I'm not sure where our digital camera is right now. Thanks for your concern, though. I certainly want the blog family to feel left out.

Chris

2:58 PM  
Blogger Joe St said...

Quoting you:

I certainly want the blog family to feel left out.

Nice.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kyivmission said...

Joe St, you're observant eye keeps us sharp. We certainly do NOT want the blog family to be left out. But we still can't find the camera so I guess it doesn't really matter.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest the title I am currently working on -- "Organizing Your Home".

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am planning on going to a meeting with Yushchenko here in DC on the 6th of April. I have my ORANGE shirt ready. Watch for us on the news that day! Grace is coming with me, and Ken most likely. Also my parents might be able to get of work.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home