Heading to Cherkassy

We leave for Cherkassy soon. It's our eighth conference. Each year is a little different but a few things stay the same: we always study a book of the Bible that we generally don't think about (this year it's Numbers), we cook our meals in teams, we learn new songs, we have two bathrooms to use no matter how many people are there (this year, about 25 are participating), we clean every day and everyone participates, and I am always allergic to something in the house we stay in. And usually I get in the mood to prepare some very fattening desserts.
Cherkassy Conference has become a great tradition in our church. When we had the first one, I never ever imagined we would keep doing it. But God seems to bless it. We ask you to pray for us for this year we are going to deal more with spiritual transformation and less about information.
Today we enjoyed doing lots of stuff for the conference. We recently put all the songs in our songbook on transparencies and several of us worked together to compile those and get them organized. I'm in charge of a mixer for Friday night and I am still working on it. It seems I always make things too complicated.
Lena and I also enjoyed dinner tonight at the Two Geese on Kreshatik. They have the best solyanka in Kyiv.
And special thanks to Kenneth and Victoria Kirby for the recent call. The latest picture of Polina. is above.
<< Home