Crazy Monday
What a crazy day! Seems I was spinning in circles at some point. The end of the year always gets a little busy. Not so much because of Christmas, but because the UEC ends its financial year, we make a budget for next year, and develop an annual report. I suffer from trying to always make it better than it was the previous year and thus those who work with me suffer. We also start to see where we missed the budget and try to figure out why--which isn't always an easy process. One employee needs evaluation and a new working agreement. I am "insourcing" some things to Lena. We also are having a Lewis seminar on Saturday that is getting out of control. I am trying to incorporate too much media, I fear. I am reading some about Lewis's life, quite interesting. I also had a meeting with Greg Perry, head of World Wide Youth Camps. Not too much came out of that but it was nice to see him again. He married Jana Ross, someone the Lipscomb readers might remember. We then had our spiritual training group which started late and went a little longer than I expected, though the conversation was better than I had thought. Then Anya Zubkova (who has a full-time job at the BC now--go Anya!) wanted to talk about the Christmas party that is growing in people's minds. Since many of us are going to be here for Christmas, it seems we are having a party. Ukrainian Christmas isn't till January 7 but some people recognize Dec. 25, or celebrate both. I have never missed Christmas with my family so it's a little strange. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I have never been able to choose how to celebrate. It was always sort of decided by family tradition.
Then I came home to Lena where we continued talking about UEC matters. I think I will need a break from that at the end of the month.
And today, someone turned in a book at the UEC that was 3 years, 364 days overdue!!
Then I came home to Lena where we continued talking about UEC matters. I think I will need a break from that at the end of the month.
And today, someone turned in a book at the UEC that was 3 years, 364 days overdue!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home