prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Another Holiday



It's another holiday in Ukraine--Victory Day--celebrating the capitulation of the fascists as the Nazis are often called here.

Monday was a holiday in our family. Lena's birthday. We traveled to her hometown for what we thought would be a picnic but rain and cold wind canceled that. We were also marking the fifth wedding anniversary of Lena's sister. We came back late Monday night and Tuesday Polina and Ira came to Kyiv. Tuesday night a few church friends came over for a little party for Lena. Today, Lena's mother is coming and our small group is meeting in our apartment since the Center is closed for the holiday.

I spent a lot of time on the black forest cake I made for Lena. It was a hit, I think. She also got a lot of tulips for her birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger french_students said...

the cake really was a hit, Chris. one of the best cakes i've ever had! thanks again to both of you for the good meal and a wonderful evening.

oksana

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home