Kyiv News
There is news coming from Kyiv. Katya Mazneva got married this week! Congratulations to her! And to everyone in Nivki church who served the couple in many ways to make this week memorable. Nastya and Igor announced their engagement. Quite a shock but congratulations to them!!
Vitaly and Lera are working hard to prepare for their trip to the US. There are some UEC meetings scheduled and we have been working as best we could to prepare a UEC brochure and a power point presentation. It's been frustrating not being at regular internet access but it seems it's going to come together.
Many others are going on vacation now, so pray for their safe travel.
One story from our travels this last week: It seems everywhere we went we ran into Russian-speakers. After spending the night in a worn out Ramada Inn in Richmond, Virginia, we were looking for the cheap gas. We filled up and had a feeling there was a faster way to get to the interstate than retrace our convoluted route. I am not prone to ask for directions so I decided to challenge myself and ask a fellow gas pumper. The guy was startled. He stopped pumping. Walked over toward me. Pondered. I looked at his face and thought, "This guy looks Russian or Eastern European." Finally, he prepared his thoughts and with a very, very heavy Russian accent he did his best to tell me how to get to the highway. I didn't ask to switch to Russian for fear it might cause him to lose confidence in his language abilities. But to say the least, we went back the way we came. There was also this moment in a WalMart in Lexington, Virginia, when we were looking at mobile phones (still haven't figured out the best deal for us). A guy rounds the corner, talking on a phone and we hear, "Horosho. Zavtra pozvonu....or something like that."
Today I have done a "to do list" and Lena has studied. I think I am getting a cold too. I have 1.5 things on my list, but I think I will surrender and go to bed. By the way, we sold almost everything we put on Amazon. And I read on CNN they had record profits this quarter. I don't think the 2 were related.
Vitaly and Lera are working hard to prepare for their trip to the US. There are some UEC meetings scheduled and we have been working as best we could to prepare a UEC brochure and a power point presentation. It's been frustrating not being at regular internet access but it seems it's going to come together.
Many others are going on vacation now, so pray for their safe travel.
One story from our travels this last week: It seems everywhere we went we ran into Russian-speakers. After spending the night in a worn out Ramada Inn in Richmond, Virginia, we were looking for the cheap gas. We filled up and had a feeling there was a faster way to get to the interstate than retrace our convoluted route. I am not prone to ask for directions so I decided to challenge myself and ask a fellow gas pumper. The guy was startled. He stopped pumping. Walked over toward me. Pondered. I looked at his face and thought, "This guy looks Russian or Eastern European." Finally, he prepared his thoughts and with a very, very heavy Russian accent he did his best to tell me how to get to the highway. I didn't ask to switch to Russian for fear it might cause him to lose confidence in his language abilities. But to say the least, we went back the way we came. There was also this moment in a WalMart in Lexington, Virginia, when we were looking at mobile phones (still haven't figured out the best deal for us). A guy rounds the corner, talking on a phone and we hear, "Horosho. Zavtra pozvonu....or something like that."
Today I have done a "to do list" and Lena has studied. I think I am getting a cold too. I have 1.5 things on my list, but I think I will surrender and go to bed. By the way, we sold almost everything we put on Amazon. And I read on CNN they had record profits this quarter. I don't think the 2 were related.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home