prayerletters galleries teaching nivky uec links our blog internship

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Monday we welcomed the arrival of two former UEC interns, Joshua and Maurie Hanauer. They came for a short visit, brought some excellent donations to the UEC, and brought some things we had ordered for us and Lena's family. We haven't spent too much time with them yet, but it's been nice seeing them. A part of my very old glasses broke yesterday. Maurie--who lived in Kyiv two years ago--was able to direct me to an optometrist right across from where we live. We had no idea it was there. So maybe I will have some new glasses soon.

Tuesday night we had no electricity at the UEC and had to close up shop. That meant one of my English classes was cancelled the second time in two weeks. Hope someone shows up next time. We started discussing the Bible in the class I was able to meet with; it was exciting beginning to tell the story one more time!

Our spiritual training group on Monday is going well as are our Wed-Fri gatherings. I think it's helping a lot of people in a lot of ways. It's very hard, of course, to measure spiritual growth. But I am seeing several people make good decisions, confronting sin, striving to be holy. And that's a good sign that God is among us.

The UEC has had so many people there the last few days. At times, it just seems we are going to pop!

It finally got pretty cold in Kyiv. It's actually quite chilly as I type this since the centralized heating hasn't been turned on yet. And finally, we are considering getting high-speed internet. It's expensive but it seems we are going to need it with Lena starting her first MBA class at the end of the month and my needing to do some research for both of my classes I am working on now. I hope it works out. We also got some more TV channels. Now we have 30 channels, 20 of which are mostly useless. One is about playing chess and another just shows the inside of a broadcast studio all day. We pay about $3.25 a month. It's not optional. You have to pay to have any TV. We could upgrade to more channels but I am not sure we are ready for that much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home